Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
StevePav Posted: Friday, July 29, 2016 6:03:46 AM(UTC)

Ended up cutting of the head of the bolt. The bolt threaded into the bottom of the lifter assembly and the nut was just spinning. I've ordered a new lifter and bolt.
brobriffin Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2016 5:58:02 PM(UTC)

I've thought of a couple of options. Seeing as the bolt is shot anyway, if you have a dremel tool cut the head of the bolt off and remove the spider arm. At least when you remove the spider arm you might be able to tell if the bolt is stripped or if the threads in the drum are... Then see if you can remove the rest of the bolt using a pair of vise-grips.
Here's to hoping the retainer threads in the drum are still good.
StevePav Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2016 11:09:22 AM(UTC)

The spider bracket broke on my LG washer. I have all but one of the spider bolts removed. The last one just turns and turns but not come out. Seams that the threads or nut are stripped. The broken leg of the spider is still tight and will not budge. Any ideas on how to remove?

Thanks

Steve