Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sidfink43 Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2015 5:20:48 PM(UTC)

Even when the spin bearing goes bad it should not be making noise. I am wondering if there isn't some damage that was done to the shaft when the bearing started rubbing and making the noise, in which case you may not be able to repair this.

Sorry not to have better news.
dundascounty Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2015 6:58:27 AM(UTC)

Hello All,

Our washer had started making some noise and most recently it started spinning very slowly and clothes were still wet. Slow enough that I could stop the spinning with my hand.

I replaced the belt and went to replace the thurst bearing (It was replaced before by a technician about 5yrs ago)

Note: When I took the dust cap off, I noticed that there was no washer between the e-clip and the white plastic piece.

I reinstalled the new bearing and kit. It was extremely difficult to install with the thin washer. I suspect this is why the previous tech did not install a washer last time.

The old bearing was making lots of noise as I suspected.

MY PROBLEM: when I try to line up the the marks, the transmission never catches or turns. I'm turning counter clockwise and it just keeps spinning the pulley. nothing catches. help!

Read more: http://forum.appliancepartspros...ne-up.html#ixzz3ic44zdq6
Appliance Repair Forum - Free Service from Appliance Parts Pros