Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
fairbank56 Posted: Friday, March 7, 2014 6:47:16 AM(UTC)

The bolt under the agitator cap only holds the agitator on. After removing the agitator, you will need a spanner wrench to remove the tub nut. These can be difficult to remove especially on such an old model. Sometimes they have to be cut off. Then you have the problem of pulling the tub, after removing tub cover ring, which again with such an old model, can be VERY difficult. It should just lift out but the drive block can get welded by corrosion to the tub and spin tube.

http://www.appliancepartspros.c...j90tb123a-ap4503397.html

Eric
fredini Posted: Friday, March 7, 2014 6:05:06 AM(UTC)

I think you're right about something between the tub and the inner barrel. Holding the inner barrel it doesn't make the noise. How do I remove the inner barrel to check- remove the bolt from the center spindle and pull it out?
fairbank56 Posted: Friday, March 7, 2014 4:35:00 AM(UTC)

Sounds like something got between the tubs. Does tub spin at normal speed? Operate with lid open and lid switch actuated manually. Hold tub from spinning and then start spin mode. Same noise while holding tub? Only do this briefly and be careful, if clutch doesn't slip, you won't be able to hold it.

Eric
fredini Posted: Thursday, March 6, 2014 9:30:57 PM(UTC)

Here is the Youtube video: Washing machine noise - YouTube

I called and the person on the phone suggested this could be a bearing but it doesn't sound like there to me. Advice?
fredini Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 10:46:50 AM(UTC)

Its a sound file so it won't go on Youtube- hopefully this share is more accessible- you should be able to listen to it from a browser:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/866ghk...ng%20Machine%20Noise.m4a
fairbank56 Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 4:55:53 AM(UTC)

Post your video on youtube.

Eric
fredini Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 7:56:16 PM(UTC)

Hi- So the new coupler worked great and the installation video was very helpful. Only now, two weeks later it has started making a god awful noise on the spin cycle of metal rubbing- listen here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/...C1ybkR3/edit?usp=sharing

Any advice?
fredini Posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 8:58:06 AM(UTC)

Thanks! I have ordered the part!
fairbank56 Posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 8:01:30 AM(UTC)

Yes, sounds like the motor coupler may be bad. There are no belts.

Whirlpool 285753A Whirlpool Direct Drive Washer Motor Coupling - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric
fredini Posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 6:58:14 AM(UTC)

Roper Model # RAB4232DW0

I do hear the motor humming, just no movement. The lid switch seems to work, and it fills and empties fine. From what I've seen on the forums here it sounds like I may need to replace either the coupling or the belts? Any advice?