Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ogre Posted: Monday, December 23, 2013 7:52:00 PM(UTC)

Status update,

Got a used MCU in today, plugged it in and it works!
Saved about a grand vs buying a new wash machine, so Merry Christmas (just hope this lasts for a bit so knock on wood;)!

Hope someone out there sees this and puts the info to use in the future, check ******** for parts too, could save a buck there. Got the MCU for $96 all together.

Thanks internet and only the best to whoever this helps in the future,
Jesse
ogre Posted: Sunday, December 15, 2013 4:09:21 PM(UTC)

Okay,

So I found this thread online:
Whirlpool Duet Sport Washer WFW8410SW01 won't work! - The Laundry Appliance Repair Forum - The Samurai Appliance Repair Academy

Went through the steps involving the M13 plug and the machine would start up, lock the door and then do nothing more. Eventually the F28 error code would come up and when you would press the pause/cancel button the door would unlock and pressed once again turn off.

w/ this being said I believe it is the MCU, what do you experts think?

Another thing, on the picture in the thread above it shows the MCU in the bottom being on the right hand side and mine is in the left hand side in the back. Is that normal?

Also, if it is the MCU, where is the best place to order one of these?

Thanks for the responses Denman, hope to hear from more of you guys soon,
Jesse
denman Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2013 6:30:41 AM(UTC)

OOPS!!!
Looks like I did not add it.

http://appliancejunk.com/forums/
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
ogre Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2013 5:18:00 AM(UTC)

Denman,

What is the link to that site?

Sorry in advance if you're not allowed to up a thread, I didn't see a way to PM.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Jesse
denman Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2013 4:30:15 AM(UTC)

Here is a site with manuals.
I could not find your exact model number but the site has a couple manuals for Duets in the Manuals/washer section.
Page 3 Duet (GHW units)
Page 4 Duet Sport (WFW units)

Perhaps one of theses will be a close match to yours.

You will have to join the site and be logged in to download the manuals.

I am assuming that you already have the tech sheet for this unit.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
ogre Posted: Friday, December 13, 2013 1:24:13 PM(UTC)

Hey,

Our wash machine, Whirlpool Duet HTWFW9200SQ01, stopped working a few days ago and an F28 code came on the screen.

I've unplugged the machine then attempted to start it again the and what happens is some water will begin to flow in, then stop and about 5 minutes will go by and the F28 code comes back on.

I've been looking at various threads online pertaining to possible fixes from "rebooting the control unit" to "replacing the control unit" but all the models are slightly different (duet sport/different model #). One of the videos that shows how to take out the ccu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XhyMOz7qxE), that machine is different from the one we have, I've taken off the top and the ccu isn't located there. Another thread that says to take out the detergent tray and find the reboot switch, well I did that and found nothing so I'm not sure what model that may be.

Really just want to fix this, a new machine is about $1100 and calling a repair man is $160 in our area and that may take a couple weeks to have him come down, so neither are really appealing options.

Hope to hear from you guys soon and only the best,
Jesse Vodvarka