Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
fairbank56 Posted: Friday, January 25, 2013 7:27:36 AM(UTC)

Yes, it's a direct drive design but the X in the model number indicates it's a 2010 model. If you can give the serial number, I can give the exact date of manufacture of the washer. There have been other complaints about the low rinse level and the answer given by the "experts" is that this is normal operation. The part number for the switch assembly is W10403282 and consists of both switches, hoses and tee connection. One switch has a stem on it for the control knob on the front panel and the other switch has the stem removed and is set for low level.

The government thinks we are saving all this water and energy not realizing so many people are having to run extra rinse cycles or washing twice just to get the clothes clean and/or the soap out. The energy/water requirements will be even tighter in 2015. All the more reason to keep your pre 2007 washer going no matter the cost.

Eric
Aleste Posted: Friday, January 25, 2013 6:43:55 AM(UTC)

Ok. I guess I'll take that answer but It's an old looking DIRECT DRIVE washer. something old complies with new regulations. I guess you should mark this fixed. BTW is there anyway you can mark this fixed. I've seen other forums have that option... just wondering. No bigee
fairbank56 Posted: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:17:32 AM(UTC)

This is probably normal. This washer complies with 2011 energy standards and uses much less water than a traditional one. It is likely that it is supposed to use less water for the rinse cycle than the wash cycle and the reason it has two pressure switches.

Eric
Aleste Posted: Friday, January 25, 2013 4:20:37 AM(UTC)

Hello! I'm trying to fix a friends Washing machine. It's an ESTATE. I'm studying major appliance repair. It is NOT EASY!

The Washer uses 2 Water Level Switches (WPS) that seem to be used either during the Wash or Rinse function respectively according to the Techsheet. I would think that one of the WLS's is faulty but am not sure. I've called to try and buy the parts but have only been able to locate 1 of the WPS. One person told me to get only one switch or that it was no longer available. Both WPS's are joined with a "Y" shaped pressure hose that connects the the Pressure Dome. I've cleaned out the hoses and screens already. sooo...

The suspected WPS number is C13143599

Can you tell me what's wrong and what parts to get. Thank you.