Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
irishfan327 Posted: Friday, November 14, 2014 6:41:46 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: irishfan327 Go to Quoted Post
washer won't agitate or spin and buzzing sound and found a 2 inch metal pin with hole in the end and flat on 1 side..

hi where is my answer please
irishfan327 Posted: Friday, November 14, 2014 6:35:34 AM(UTC)

washer won't agitate or spin and buzzing sound and found a 2 inch metal pin with hole in the end and flat on 1 side..
Ccajk2 Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 9:43:47 AM(UTC)

Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same issue.
dzuloaga Posted: Friday, July 26, 2013 11:05:03 AM(UTC)

Hi I have exactly the same problem as you. I do not understand how you performed the test which lead you to the faulty switch. Do I have to disconnect the black cable from the motor and connect there the red cable coming from the capacitor?
dzuloaga Posted: Friday, July 26, 2013 11:05:01 AM(UTC)

Hi I have exactly the same problem as you. I do not understand how you performed the test which lead you to the faulty switch. Do I have to disconnect the black cable from the motor and connect there the red cable coming from the capacitor?
englaisfitz Posted: Friday, December 7, 2012 1:42:31 PM(UTC)

Absolutely nothing. No power surge, no hum, no buzz, no movement, nothing.
fairbank56 Posted: Friday, December 7, 2012 4:03:45 AM(UTC)

Yes, but if the motor starts, shut it off right away as the capacitor and start winding are not meant to be energized continuously, thus the purpose of the motor switch.

Eric
englaisfitz Posted: Friday, December 7, 2012 1:56:59 AM(UTC)

Can I bypass that whole red wire by connecting the black to the capacitor terminal itself?
fairbank56 Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 4:33:51 AM(UTC)

Check the motor windings and switch, the same as you did before. If they are good, connect the red wire from the capacitor directly to the motor black wire as you did before with your test cable. If it starts (don't leave it running) like it did before, it's the motor switch.

Eric
englaisfitz Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:48:45 AM(UTC)

How do I double check the motor windings?
I checked the switch after this past time, having already cleaned it, then using it again, I feared the same blackening, but no, the switch was clean.
I had to remove the switch from the motor, there's only 1 screw holding the whole thing together, i.e. the cover on, but also holding the switch body to the motor.
I tested the motor alone after cleaning the switch, and it worked fine, it kicked in immediately. I put the whole washer back together and got only humming, so took it apart again and saw the same problem, it would start if I cranked it by hand, but not on it's own.
I can take pictures or even short videos of anything you want if you think that will help. All of the motor connectors to the switch are in good shape, clean and quite tight to get on, so there's a good connection strength there. Could it be a mechanical thing, that there's too much strain on the motor from something?