Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sidfink43 Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 5:41:37 PM(UTC)

This is a pretty old machine and I think it is time to replace it. You will be much happier with a new machine.
tampaguy Posted: Thursday, February 9, 2012 11:36:19 AM(UTC)

I have an old GE washer (model WWA7646MAL) and I'm trying to determine if it's worth fixing.

Symptoms: it fills w/ water, then doesn't run. I took the known steps for resetting it, and the result is that I hear a humming noise for about 5-8 seconds, a click, and then can only hear the timer clicking.

The last time I used it I was able to get it to run after a few minutes of fiddling w/ the timer. I disassembled the timer and did a visual check, and there is a slight burn spot on the dust shield by the #1 switch (pn WH12X631), but otherwise, no visual defects. The timer works fine in terms of moving through the cycle.

I suspect either the timer switch or motor has gone bad (an easy fix), the relay is bad (a bit more difficult to fix, but I can do it) or there is a problem w/ either the agitator motor and/or clutch. If it's the latter, it would probably be wiser to just buy a new unit, given the cost to repair and the age of the unit. I tested the basin and it does move freely, and does catch after a few turns.

I'm thinking it could be the relay, but would appreciate input from someone far more experienced than I am rather than wasting $$ on parts it might not need. Any advice you can provide is much appreciated.