Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2011 5:14:50 PM(UTC)

Shine a light in the spin basket and look through the tub for something stuck between the tub and basket. You will need the special spanner wrench to pull the basket, but sometimes you can take the tub top off and pull it out with a coat hanger.
Joe / APP Team Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2011 5:38:08 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: cazar1961 Go to Quoted Post
My Kenmore washer stopped working in the middle of the spin cycle. It didn't drain the water out, and when I tried to start another cycle, it just buzzed. So, I drained the water out by hand, and to my surprise, when I tried to start another cycle, it started. However, I noticed that it made a REALLY loud clanging noise when it agitated. Then, when it got to the first spin cycle, it stopped again, and when I try to start another cycle, it just buzzes.

Could it be that there's something weird with a sensor, since when I drain the water out by hand, it will start again, but it won't drain it out by itself?

Please share any ideas you have - I'll try all of them.

Cazar,

You'll need to access, and check the motor drive coupling and the washer drain pump, and hoses for clogs or the impeller for being seized up.At this point, that should be the issue, based on your post.

:) :) :)
cazar1961 Posted: Friday, September 23, 2011 9:24:44 PM(UTC)

My Kenmore washer stopped working in the middle of the spin cycle. It didn't drain the water out, and when I tried to start another cycle, it just buzzed. So, I drained the water out by hand, and to my surprise, when I tried to start another cycle, it started. However, I noticed that it made a REALLY loud clanging noise when it agitated. Then, when it got to the first spin cycle, it stopped again, and when I try to start another cycle, it just buzzes.

Could it be that there's something weird with a sensor, since when I drain the water out by hand, it will start again, but it won't drain it out by itself?

Please share any ideas you have - I'll try all of them.