Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sidfink43 Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2011 4:04:59 PM(UTC)

That nut is very difficult to get off at times. Good luck, keep at it.
campbell42 Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2011 1:27:30 PM(UTC)

Belt turns and pulley at the bottom turns, but the transmission doesn't move, so I was thinking it was the transmission (but really hoping it wasn't since they're not fun to replace.)

Since there's a good return policy here, I went ahead and ordered a trasmission last week. Transmission came in yesterday and I'm trying to install it today. Could not find my tool from when I replace the transmission on the washer 8 years ago. Would have loved to known that the tool was gone when I was ordering so I could order a new spanner tool, but I digress. Monkey wrench should work, but apparently the nut is frozen on there no matter how much I bang it (yes, I'm keeping in mind that the nut turn opposite of normal). Have just sprayed it with WD40 in hopes that will help remove it.
sidfink43 Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2011 11:06:13 AM(UTC)

If the belt is turning but the pulley on the transmission is not then you probably have a bad transmission.
campbell42 Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2011 11:01:23 AM(UTC)

Should that part spin freely, or should it stop when I rotate it?

Also, when the washer is running, and is in the wash cycle when the agitator does not move, I do not see the transmission below moving either.

Thanks
sidfink43 Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 5:51:16 PM(UTC)

Pull of the agitator (be careful, it might come loose suddenly and smack you in the face) and try replacing this part here.

Part number: AP3964635
campbell42 Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 1:52:02 PM(UTC)

I have a GE WNSR3090V0WW washer. Most functions seem to be working; the tub fills with water, drains and the basket spins. However, the agitator does not seem to be working any more. I took the front cover off, and I see the motor is working and the belt is moving during the time that the agitator is supposed to be moving. But, the agitator just sits there. I have found that if I put some sideways pressure on the agitator during the wash cycle, I will get some movement but not a lot.

Any ideas what is wrong, and if there is anything else I can do to troubleshoot it?

Thanks!