Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
03svrider Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2011 2:32:39 PM(UTC)

What's even better is that I'm moving OUT of this rental I've been in for the past 11 years. I'm taking the cost of parts out of the rent but wish I could do the same with my hospital bill! Hopefully my benefits will take care of the majority of the cost.
Thanks for responding to the thread.
sidfink43 Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2011 2:28:02 PM(UTC)

Ouch, sometimes I think they have dedicated people whose only job is to sharpen sheet metal.

Thanks for the updata, glad you got it fixed and sorry about the stitches.
03svrider Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2011 12:19:55 PM(UTC)

I got it fixed. Once I got the tub out and put the seal kit in all is well. EXCEPT when pulling on the snap on ring that borders the tub it came off quickly and drove my finger into the bottom edge of the sheet metal. 6 stitches!
sidfink43 Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2011 4:01:52 PM(UTC)

I don't think so, but Frigidaire makes good service manuals, and here is the link to the one for your machine. That should answer your questions.

http://www.emaservicetips.com/pdfs/489_5.pdf
03svrider Posted: Thursday, June 9, 2011 10:48:37 AM(UTC)

I am trying to fix a leak in my washer. From taking the front cover and lid off to observe where the leak is coming from it is leaking from where the shaft goes into the “tub splash”(18 on motor/tub diagram).
From the other diagram I’m guessing I have to replace “seal-tub” (26 on diagram for transmission).
I can’t get the “tub spin” (12 on diagram for motor/tub) out of the “tub splash”. There was a bunch of calcium/lime deposits so I doused the area with “CLR” to see if that would help.
Now it seems as if there is a little movement in the gunky area at the base of the shaft where the shaft goes through the “trunnion” but I still can’t pull the “tub splash” out.
Am I missing something here?
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage