Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Friday, May 13, 2011 12:20:40 PM(UTC)

Sorry to hear it.

Roper, especially if it's direct drive, is much better.

Gene.
ellas_mom Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:38:35 PM(UTC)

Would you recommend a Roper or Admiral washer? I've only owned GE washers and dryers up until this point, but now I am considering buying the cheapest washer on the market and taking my chances. Thanks.
ellas_mom Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:15:44 PM(UTC)

The problems are still there. :( I guess we'll be buying a new washer this weekend. Thanks for all your help, Gene.
ellas_mom Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 4:28:00 PM(UTC)

Never mind, Gene. There was one electrical connection that he failed to make. The diagnostic test looked good, and we're about to run a test load. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!
ellas_mom Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 2:08:58 PM(UTC)

My husband installed the new control board. When we plug it in, the five LED lights on the control board flash on and off repeatedly, and nothing happens when the start button is pushed. Did he install it wrong? He is on the way to a school function; otherwise, he would re-install the old control board to see what kind of reaction he gets.

Thanks.
Gene Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 10:33:04 AM(UTC)

You are welcome. Keep us posted.

Gene.
ellas_mom Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 11:14:28 AM(UTC)

Thanks for your help, Gene. We just ordered the part. Hopefully it does the trick!
Gene Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 3:11:17 PM(UTC)

Most likely the problem is a bad control board. It's a good idea to use a surge protector for this washer.

Gene.
ellas_mom Posted: Monday, May 9, 2011 5:02:17 PM(UTC)

Thanks Gene. Here are the diagnostic results:

Position 0 - all 5 LEDs are lit
Position 1 - Wash, Rinse and Spin LEDs are lit (Fill & Soak are off)
Position 2 - All LEDs off
Position 3 - All LEDs off
Position 4 - Rinse light is on and hot water is running into the tub
Position 5 - Wash light is on and cold water is running into the tub
Position 6 - Soak light is on with no activity with the washer. (Pressing the start button to change dry to wet has no impact)
Position 7 - Fill light is on and the washer is adjitating (Pressing the start button to change dry to wet has no impact)
Position 8 - The Soak light is on and the tub is draining water (pump is running)
Position 9 - The Wash light is on and the tub spins. However, it does not spin very fast (about 80 RPMs)
Position 10 - Rinse light is on and there is no activity from the washer.
Positions 11-15 (I don't think these are "real" positions. All LEDs are lit in all positions).
Position 16 - Same as position 0 and all LEDs are lit.

So it looks like the only thing that is different than what might be expected was on position 6. It looks like there is supposed to be slow agitation going on, but my washer shows no activity in position 6.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Gene Posted: Monday, May 9, 2011 3:42:59 PM(UTC)

The LED flashing half second on and half second off means there is no problem with the motor, inverter and/or mode shifter detected.

Looks to me like the problem is a bad control board. Open the control panel and look for the mini manual inside. Run the test as described in the mini manual and post the results.

- The control board Part number: AP4380181
Part number: AP4380181

Gene.