Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
iowncars Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:39:09 PM(UTC)

I have the exact model washer and mine has the exact problem. Anyone know of the sure fix? What part number is needed?
magician59 Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2011 6:48:32 AM(UTC)

It's involved and a bit frustrating, but well within the ability of most mechanically-inclined persons.
davjulcos Posted: Friday, March 11, 2011 1:54:47 PM(UTC)

Is this a difficult repair?
davjulcos Posted: Friday, March 11, 2011 1:53:09 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the help. I will check it this weekend.
magician59 Posted: Friday, March 11, 2011 9:35:12 AM(UTC)

First, I would inspect the drain hose for any kinks or obstructions. Also the pump. If it appears to be pumping out the water in a reasonably strong stream, check to see if it is spinning as fast as you're used to seeing it spin.

I would suspect that the problem is either a restricted drain hose, or a worn thrust bearing. The thrust bearing is responsible for releasing the brake, so the basket can spin. As the bearing wears, the brake is not allowed to fully release, and can drag, causing a slow spin.

Part number: AP4009132
davjulcos Posted: Friday, March 11, 2011 8:51:14 AM(UTC)

Nav5805aww
magician59 Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2011 9:24:47 AM(UTC)

We may be able to help you, if you can provide the model number.
davjulcos Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2011 8:06:42 AM(UTC)

My Amana washer spins but my clothes are coming out wet and they take forever to dry. Is it the pump? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.:confused: