Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ApplianceJunk Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2007 4:36:29 PM(UTC)

Is it a direct drive washer like the one in this video?

http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?topic=67.0
Lmarks Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2007 3:57:15 PM(UTC)

Perhaps it's not originally a Whirlpool. If there are no brackets in the back, then it's not like mine.

Larry
debjusryn Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2007 3:47:39 PM(UTC)

I thought it had to be that way but I went back and tried again the way you described. When I put the putty knife in it did not hit anything except for right in the corner. I tried prying up from the corner but was afraid to make matters worse by breaking something. It wouldn't budge with just gentle pressure. I checked the back and I don't really see any hinges either. Do you have any other ideas?
Lmarks Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2007 3:37:49 PM(UTC)

Assuming this is the Kenmore that's really a belt-drive Whirlpool.....

There are spring clips at the front and brackets that act like hinges at the back. You can forcibly lift the front but it's easier if you do this: Insert a putty knife in the groove at the front, about 2" in from the edge. Push till it hits something, then another 1/2 inch or so, while lifting the corner. Then do the other front corner the same way.

Larry
Computer engineer (with a little washing machine experience)
debjusryn Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2007 3:32:04 PM(UTC)

I think my switch is bad but I can't figure out how to get the lid off to check it out.