Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Registers.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 5:14:43 AM(UTC)

I don't think the motor is bad if the cover was on it. I have replaced many tub seals on this dependable care washer and never saw evidence of the tranny leaking oil or ingesting water. If you remove the 1/4 inch retaining screw and pull the agitator, a lack of oil seaping out of the tranny seal would confirm this.
Go to www.applianceaid.com to get seal/bearing replacement info on this. Also, you will not need a spring streacher, use vice grips to pull springs. This is a two hour job, if you are handy with tools.
You must replace the sleeve bearing when you do this, just pound off the old one from the tranny housing with a steel rod inserted in the tranny groove.
lhowell3 Posted: Monday, June 14, 2010 5:37:01 PM(UTC)

my washing machine is broken and I had a repair guy out and he said the parts i need aren't covered on the appliance service plan. it is a maytag washer, model # sav365zaww. he said the center seal is leaking, ruined the gear case and motor. need motor, gearcase and center seal kit. on the back of the order slip he underlined where it says "transmission" as a part not covered.. does this sound right? I guess i just figured if it was the transmission that was broken he would have wrote that on the receipt? I didn't read the receipt when he was still here or I would have questioned it. I wanted to figure out what exactly the parts he said need to be replaced really are, or if maybe they're related to the transmission (the not covered part, per the appliance plan). Also on the back of the receipt, it lists all the other non covered services/parts are "transmission, self-coealing filter/trap, agitator, inner/outer tub, combination tub and bearing assembly." So my assumption is that if it was the transmission really broken, why did he write "motor" and all the other things? very thankful for any help!!