Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Unhandy Dad Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 3:36:58 PM(UTC)

no clothing in there. any other ideas would be appreciated. i'd like to try more before calling someone. thanks!
Unhandy Dad Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 3:15:43 PM(UTC)

i'll check right now. thanks
ripleys Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 3:03:36 PM(UTC)

Could be a few things. Could be a problem with the brake package, transmission or something as simple as an article of clothing caught between the inner and outer basket causing a no spin. You will have to remove the front, 2 screws on the front panel pull the bottom towards you to un hook the top. There will be two screws at the front corners that hold the top down, remove them and lift the top. Remove the top tub cover and inspect between the two tubs with a flashlight to see if there is any clothing. If not, any furthur repairs and diagnosing should be left to a qualified technician. good Luck
Unhandy Dad Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:51:26 PM(UTC)

I can manually turn the belts. They look okay. However while turning them clockwise I get to a point where they won't turn any more. Any ideas? Thanks!
ripleys Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:42:14 PM(UTC)

That machine has two belts on it, motor to pump and motor to transmission. Tilt the machine back and check the belts. Also see if you can slide the motor easily so that it automaticaly can adjust the tension. you could also take the belt off from motor to transmission and see if you can turn the transmission pulley by hand. Check these out and get back to us.
Unhandy Dad Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:32:45 PM(UTC)

Doesn't seem to be the lid switch. And the water seems to drain normally too. Please help.
Unhandy Dad Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:25:46 PM(UTC)

Our maytag LAT9416AAE won't spin with or without clothes in it. It sounds as if motor is working. Actually everything sounds okay, but it doesn't spin. Don't think it agitates either...if agitate means spinning/cleaning the clothes. Please help. Thanks!