Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sidfink43 Posted: Friday, July 24, 2009 9:31:04 AM(UTC)

Hi Debster

I am wondering if your error code is DS and not D5, which would indicate problems with the door lock assembly communicating with the control board. Essentially, the control board does not beleive the door is closed and/or locked, so it shuts down the machine.

Here is the service manual which will tell you how to do some testing of the door lock, but in the end you may need both a control board and a door lock assembly. The good news, they are easy to change out, the bad news, they are expensive parts so you want to be as sure as possible before you buy and install.

http://www.servicematters.com/m...ibrary/docs/16026126.pdf

Good luck.
debster101 Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2009 1:03:06 PM(UTC)

I have a Maytag Neptune front load washing machine. Model #MAH8700AWW, serial #10971532GG approximately 5 years old. The D5 error code is on the front panel and the machine will not wash. The machine powers up and acts like it will start but before the machine looks the door it errors out. Could you please let me know what the problem is as well as how to fix this issue with part #'s if necessary. I can be reached via e-mail at bengwame9@aol.com or by phone at 713-697-1885.

Thank you