Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
magician59 Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2009 10:31:10 AM(UTC)

Whirlpool should have left the laundry division in the hands of Maytag.
sidfink43 Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2009 7:03:25 AM(UTC)

Well, sorry you had to call a tech.

Maytag used to be the company you found when you went In Search of Excellence. Now it is what you find when you search for "In Search for Incompetence.

Let us know how they get it going, it will be helpful to me and others.

thanks
lotsofdirtyclothes Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2009 6:24:11 AM(UTC)

The picture you attached looks exactly like the original part, but not like the new one. I cannot figure out how to insert a photo of the new part 2994. :eek: We did order 2921 and were shipped 2994 that the company confirmed was to replace 2921. Unfortunately the metal connections on the back were changed. Instead of 6 metal connections together, part 22002994 has 4 and moved 2(#14 & #24 I think) to the slots next to the 2 red/1black circles. Whirlpool co. did not have any info/tech support about how to make the new design work, and the person on the phone said Maytag did not either. Very strange. We gave up and called a service repair place this morning.
sidfink43 Posted: Wednesday, July 1, 2009 5:04:33 PM(UTC)

I am wonder if you were given or sent the the wrong part. I check the Maytag service bulletins on your model and there was not anything about redisigning or changing the part so I think all they did was change the part number.

Here is a picture of what you should have received.

Part Details - WHIRLPOOL USE WPL 22002921, part number: 22002994

Does this look like what you need or what you got?
lotsofdirtyclothes Posted: Wednesday, July 1, 2009 9:37:18 AM(UTC)

Our Neptune keeps filling, and we ordered a new pressure switch part # 22002921 but apparently it has recently been changed to part # 22002994. This new part has different connections and will not fit our machine. We cannot locate anything that instructs us on how to fit the part to the machine. We did call Whirlpool, and they had no info/tech support (they make the part).