Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
keith1386 Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2024 8:57:57 AM(UTC)

Model Number: RF28JBEDBSR/AA-08
Brand: Samsung

My son gave me his Samsung RF28JBEDBSR/AA-08, which was settled by Samsung in the Class Action lawsuit. This fridge is much nicer/bigger (28 cu ft) than my 15 year old 20 cu ft fridge, and I'd like to possibly repair the original ice maker freezing-up issue with the service kits being advertised. Since I'm 73 and on a limited budget I really need to be careful that IF I order a service kit that it will work. It appears that my Serial Number (07Y843AJ400731B) falls within the service kit #DA82-02675A. However when I plug my model number into the Parts Dr window to confirm it is the correct service kit it says "may not fit." So this is why I'm reaching out on this forum.

If this IS the correct service kit will it fix the original issue (subject of the Class Action lawsuit)?

If anyone believes I'm going down the wrong path to repair this fridge I am very much appreciative of any recommendations?

Also just thought of another question. If I either reassembling the ice maker with original parts (with a new service kit) is it ok to use the fridge with the ice maker turned off? I was thinking that I could operate the fridge for a week or so (enough time to make a batch of ice) and then shut ice maker off (from front control panel) to avoid the potential of icing up. Or does shutting ice maker off also prevent the dispensing of the ice I made?

Thanks in advance - hoping there are some experts to lead the way!