Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
JordanNolan Posted: Sunday, January 8, 2023 8:50:08 AM(UTC)

I have the 2016 model FGHS2631PF4A side by side Gallery fridge/freezer. Recently, when I go to dispense cubed ice, the ice dispenser will open on the door and ice will dispense very slowly in a pulsing action where a cube will pop out every 2 seconds. Same for crushed ice.

To test for a jam, I have removed the ice tray and taped both the door buttons to simulate a closed door. Even with no ice tray I can see (and hear) the motor arm for the dispenser pulse and see the clip that controls the arm on the ice tray pulse up and down.

Another thing I noticed that may be related is when both doors are closed, I can hear the blower in the fridge speed pulsing up and down as well. If I open either door, the lights come on and the fan speed is stays steady and smooth. When I close the door, the fan ramps up and down again if it is running.

The one thing that has changed recently is I had to install a new temperature sensor in the fridge side around the time this started happening. During the diagnostic of finding out my last issue was the sensor, I had to put the fridge in Test Mode. I am not sure if there is any setting in there that I could have mistakenly hit that might cause this issue.

Any idea what may cause this?