Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
uptwolait Posted: Thursday, March 7, 2013 3:56:28 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: dmhome Go to Quoted Post
I have the same issue. Remove the white cover from the ice maker then unplug the wire harness there. Some models do not have the back plug.

Thanks for the reply!! So does the kit AP2984633
(link:Whirlpool 4317943 Whirlpool Icemaker Kit - AppliancePartsPros.com) have the right connection for my harness to connect where it plugs into the icemaker?
dmhome Posted: Thursday, March 7, 2013 8:37:50 AM(UTC)

I have the same issue. Remove the white cover from the ice maker then unplug the wire harness there. Some models do not have the back plug.
uptwolait Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:10:46 PM(UTC)

:bump:

Anyone?
uptwolait Posted: Monday, February 4, 2013 7:04:24 AM(UTC)

I really could use some input on this one, if anyone knows something about the plug/wiring in the pic I posted above. Thanks!
uptwolait Posted: Friday, February 1, 2013 11:31:17 AM(UTC)

::bump:: Anyone??
uptwolait Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2013 1:16:30 PM(UTC)

Edit: I have 120VAC measured between ports N and L.
uptwolait Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2013 11:44:13 AM(UTC)

I have a Whirlpool ED5VHGXMQ10 side-by-side refrigerator, and the ice maker stopped working. The water dispenser in the door works fine. The ice maker part number shown inside the control cover is 106 626662.

When I insert a jumper wire between holes T and H, nothing happens. I am assuming I need to replace the entire ice maker, correct? So I looked at the pictures of the parts in the replacement kit (AP2984633), and watched the excellent video on how to replace it. HOWEVER, it appears that my wiring is different where it connects to the back wall of the freezer. Rather than having a 4-wire rectangular or round quick disconnect, it looks more like the wires feed through a 4-hole grommet. Here is a pic: imgur: the simple image sharer.

How do I disconnect these wires? Do they unplug there, or do they feed through into the back of the fridge somewhere?

Is there any other testing I should do before ordering a replacement kit?
[URL="http://imgur.com/FGPkcy0"][/URL]