Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
rickgburton Posted: Tuesday, January 8, 2013 10:33:18 AM(UTC)

OK Bruce, sounds like the optics is good. Replace the ice maker and that should fix it. Part #2198597
diybruce Posted: Tuesday, January 8, 2013 10:12:04 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: rickgburton Go to Quoted Post
OK let's go back to the optics. Open the freezer door and check the status LED. If you see 2 Blinks followed by a 1 second delay-repeated: Tape the emitter door back so it doesn’t block the beam between the emitter and receiver. If the LED is on steady: Optics is good. 2 Blinks followed by a 1 second delay: Bad optics Part# 4389102

Optics with door open 2 blinks; 1 sec delay - repeats. Close emitter door, LED on steady.

What would be the next step?

Thanks, Bruce
rickgburton Posted: Tuesday, January 8, 2013 10:05:35 AM(UTC)

OK let's go back to the optics. Open the freezer door and check the status LED. If you see 2 Blinks followed by a 1 second delay-repeated: Tape the emitter door back so it doesn’t block the beam between the emitter and receiver. If the LED is on steady: Optics is good. 2 Blinks followed by a 1 second delay: Bad optics Part# 4389102
diybruce Posted: Tuesday, January 8, 2013 8:42:10 AM(UTC)

The icemaker overflowed on our K/A fridge. I turned off the water to the maker. While diagnosing the problem, I added water to the icemaker with a turkey baster and a while later I had ice. Also the optics function is normal - 2 pulses short wait, repeat. The problem determination data on APP website suggested a 3 step diagnostic. 1) H2O pressure might be low (not the case); 2) replace the valve assembly (done today finally after a busy holiday season); 3) replace the icemaker.

Replaced valve assembly, water flows to the water dispenser, no overflowing from the ice maker. However, there is no water flowing TO the icemaker itself. Could it be that the icemaker is in a cycle of "thinking" there is water in the mold and timing out the freeze time before starting the next cycle? If so, how long do I wait this thing out? Or is something else wrong. Please advise.

Thanks a lot!
Bruce