Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Davdc5 Posted: Tuesday, May 1, 2012 8:28:18 AM(UTC)

Hi Simon,
Thanks for the quick reply. Is there a way to check the mainboard to see if it is faulty? I do have an unused thermistor that I can replace today and see if that fixes it. I will post afterwards. Thanks again.
Simon / APP Team Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 4:22:30 PM(UTC)

Hi.

There is nothing left to replace, but the main control board and thermistor.

The board Part number: WR55X10942
Part number: WR55X10942

The evaporator thermistor Part number: WR55X10025
Part number: WR55X10025

Thank you.

Simon.
Davdc5 Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 2:50:08 PM(UTC)

I am looking for some help for my G.E. GSS201EMDWW refrigerator. It seems to not properly defrost again after replacing the heater core (Part# WR51X10101) and the Defrost Limiter Thermostat (Part#WR50X10068) per Gene's instructions I read from another thread.

After replacing those two parts the refrigerator functioned perfectly for about 5-7 weeks and now it is back to not properly defrosting. The back panel and coils are completely frozen up.

I checked the resistance of the heater core and it shows 27.5 Ohms and the resistance of the Defrost Limiter Thermostat as well while it was in the freezer and cold, it showed 0.4 Ohms. I am not quite sure where to go from here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!