Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
swallman Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2012 4:56:22 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: AquraRoma Go to Quoted Post
Locate the defrost thermostat (shown on the following picture).

UserPostedImage

Check the defrost thermostat for continuity. It must be ice-cold at the time of the test.Post the results and the serial number of the refrigerator.

I'll check that tomorrow evening and post back. I was able to do all the "tests" from the circuit board (fridge, freezer thermistor tests, etc.) and everything passed (at least from what I understand reading the results).

Thanks.
Simon / APP Team Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2012 3:50:52 PM(UTC)

Locate the defrost thermostat (shown on the following picture).

UserPostedImage

Check the defrost thermostat for continuity. It must be ice-cold at the time of the test.Post the results and the serial number of the refrigerator.
swallman Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2012 2:49:49 PM(UTC)

OK...got everything emptied out and defrosted the freezer manually. Checked the defrost heater and it appears ok. Checked the fridge thermistor (warm) and it is showing around 14,000 ohms. Freezer thermister I'm not sure about since I'm not completely sure what specific jumpers it connects to on the board to check it ?

I'm a bit concerned about replacing the freezer thermistor since the wiring appears to go somewhere in the cabinet that looks like it would be a PITA to replace.
swallman Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2012 5:29:58 AM(UTC)

Freezer isn't defrosting, causing fridge to be warm. Can't determine if our fridge has a defrost timer or if it is controlled by the electronic module. If someone can just post the correct part numbers to check, I think I can take it from there.

Thanks!