Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Monday, February 2, 2009 5:49:48 PM(UTC)

Check the water feeding tube into the ice maker. It can be frozen.

The ice maker tray holds water and nothing else. The ice maker works by the temperature and if the temperature in the freezer is above 12°F then it will never work properly.

Also possible the ice maker itself has gone bad. Post your findings and we'll go from there.

Gene.
gthornton Posted: Monday, February 2, 2009 8:59:55 AM(UTC)

Ice maker on unit quit. I replaced the water valve and it worked for a week or so but has quit again. The transmitter/receiver boards check out fine. If I fill the ice maker with water manually the ice maker will freeze the water and dispense the ice but will not refill. The water source is from a water well and I suspect maybe that the ice holder tray has some deposits on it that is blocking the signal to the water valve. Dose this make sense that this could happen? If so I should be able to clean the ice maker tray and it should work, right?

thanks for the advice.