Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
TheB1GDude Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 1:25:47 PM(UTC)

So I went ahead and ordered the replacement water valve part.... got it installed and it still didn't work :( I manually filled the ice maker and when it cycled through that seemed to solve the issue, I am now back making ice at full power.

Thanks!
TheB1GDude Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 8:24:46 AM(UTC)

Hi all,

I have a Whirlpool Fridge / Freezer with a builtin Ice Maker and a few days ago the ice make just stopped working, I did some basic online troubleshooting and everything seemed to point to the ice maker valve, so I took it off did some cleaning check my water feed line and re-installed, this did not correct the issue.

I went back to troubleshooting and check all the basics such as temperature and that all seems fine so I'm leaning towards either the coil in the valve has gone or it is the icemaker unit itself.

I came across this site earlier today so figured I would ask for additional suggestions and if possible links to where I can get replacement parts cheaply, is it worth me taking the actual ice maker unit out and cleaning that or should I just order a new valve?

Thanks.