Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
artpac2004 Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 9:06:40 PM(UTC)

Yep. It was the control unit. Found one on ******** for 90.
KENMORE REFRIGERATOR CONTROL BOARD PART# W10172546. He had another one for sale for like 125. Its in a white box in the back of the fridge next to the compressor kind of. 2 screw on the back will let that box come out easily.
mrmrnitz Posted: Monday, January 15, 2018 5:42:31 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: artpac2004 Go to Quoted Post
I have a Kenmore coldspot side by side. We noticed it getting warm in the freezer and ice melting. The back panel would frost over. I will run for 3-5 days then just stop cooling enough. So this makes me think a defrost issue. I pulled off the back panel and tested the heater coil and the thermostat and both are showing continuity. So this leads me to believe it is the control board. However on sears parts direct i see a control board inside of the refrigerator (part # 2321723) and one on the outside back of the refrigerator (part # W10172546). Which of these 2 parts do I need? One is $60 and the other is $225, would hate to order the wrong one. Both say in description they control cooling and defrost.

Did you ever get an answer or figure one out? I have a Kenmore side-by-side, compressor runs continuously, Ice build-up on evaporator coils. Defrost Heater and Thermostat continuity check ok, wondering what to do next.
artpac2004 Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 4:52:18 PM(UTC)

I have a Kenmore coldspot side by side. We noticed it getting warm in the freezer and ice melting. The back panel would frost over. I will run for 3-5 days then just stop cooling enough. So this makes me think a defrost issue. I pulled off the back panel and tested the heater coil and the thermostat and both are showing continuity. So this leads me to believe it is the control board. However on sears parts direct i see a control board inside of the refrigerator (part # 2321723) and one on the outside back of the refrigerator (part # W10172546). Which of these 2 parts do I need? One is $60 and the other is $225, would hate to order the wrong one. Both say in description they control cooling and defrost.