Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Dean Haustead Posted: Monday, June 5, 2017 5:05:56 AM(UTC)

The IcyBall system removes heat from the refrigerated cabinet to the warmer room by using ammonia as the refrigerant. It contains 2 metal When the cold ball is fully charged with liquid ammonia, the device is turned around by placing the hot ball in the cool bath.
ThatGuy Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 4:02:58 PM(UTC)

Not enough freon to fill the coils evenly so it just gets really cold in one area and creates an ice ball. Unless you can find the leak/leaks, seal them, and refill the system, its toast.
Regalhank Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 3:12:59 PM(UTC)

Yes, it's quite a project taking that back off and now the ice mass is bigger than ever.
image2.jpg
ThatGuy Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 9:59:36 AM(UTC)

It sounds like you've lost some of your freon. Could you post a pic of the coils and the frost ball?
Regalhank Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 6:58:46 AM(UTC)

Liquids, in particular, started melting. Lowered temperature but that didn't help. Finally called a friend who is a repair tech--more commercial though--and he took the inside back of the freezer off to reveal an ice ball around the connectors. Said he didn't think it would be worth repairing but I'd like to give it a shot. If I unplug and let that ice ball melt for a few days and re-plug it, what are my chances of success in the off chance that items had been previously pushed against the vents? I realize there could be a leak in which case I'd forget it but should I bother? It is only four years old and I hate to think of a new one right now but...