Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
evanchsa Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2017 5:32:46 PM(UTC)

The last time this happened I left the cover off the coils and had trouble free operation for a couple of months. I then sold the house so I can't say if it permanently fixed the issue.
bugmenot11 Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2017 1:59:09 PM(UTC)

I've had the same issue for the last year or so (FPHB2899LFB). I haven't had time to look into it so I've been putting the reservoir in warm water when it freezes. There were a few times where it worked for a couple months but lately it will freeze in a day or two. As long as the ice maker is using water it doesn't freeze, but as soon as the ice drawer is full the reservoir freezes up. Sometimes I dump the ice drawer out just to keep it from freezing. I'm going to check that the defrost and evaporator fan are working later today.
evanchsa Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 6:45:37 PM(UTC)

I actually have the same problem. It is easier to put the coils in warm/hot water. The defrost goes much better.

I'm not sure what causes this.
fleetmack Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2015 6:45:05 AM(UTC)

Well, I thought I had it fixed, it lasted 2 months, but it froze again the other day. I'm done with this damn thing.
fleetmack Posted: Wednesday, November 4, 2015 8:05:01 AM(UTC)

Well, it's been nearly two weeks since I posted and nothing has changed - it hasn't frozen again since. I wonder if my towel stuffed into the reservoir chamber did the trick.

Would still welcome any tips others have, thanks!
fleetmack Posted: Friday, October 23, 2015 6:27:15 AM(UTC)

I have a Frigidaire FPHB2899LFB, probably 3 years old. For the past year the line to the water dispenser keeps freezing. The line to the ice maker is fine. It is freezing in the coils behind the crisper drawers. Whenever it happens I take the stuff out of the fridge and use a blow dryer on the coils until it's thawed. This gets irritating, I now have to do this weekly, so I need to fix the source of the issue.

I tried adding extra weather stripping to the plastic casement that goes around the reservoir coils, but that did not work. In fact, when I removed the casing this morning, the weather stripping I had pathetically attached was mostly out of place, and ice had built up where I put it.

This morning, after defrosting the coils & the casement, I shoved a little towel in where ice had been forming. Attached are several pictures. Anyone have ideas how to stop this from happening moving forward?

What is the purpose of the hole under the reservoir that goes down to the freezer underneath? (the fridge is atop the freezer drawer)