Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ok2go Posted: Wednesday, April 5, 2017 11:13:23 PM(UTC)

Should the refrigerator be unplugged in the mean time? I think I have the same bad relay/overload problem, where the compressor starts then stops. It it okay to leave it cycling and clicking for a few days? It still feels cold right now.
ThatGuy Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2016 3:11:07 PM(UTC)

Either your compressor is pulling a lot of amperage or you have a bad start relay. If its just the relay, it can be replaced.

If the compressor is stuck or pulling high amps, it will need replaced. Unless its under warranty it might be cheaper to replace the refrig.
carmeljacques Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2016 8:23:31 AM(UTC)

My Amana refrigerator starts and after about 15 seconds there is a click and it stops. After a couple of minutes it tries again to start and the same thing happens. Neither the refrigerator nor the freezer is cooling. Of course, the problem had to surface on Saturday evening when all the repair folks had gone home for the weekend. I plan to contact a repair professional on Monday morning but would feel better if I had some idea what the problem is. Thanks for your help.