Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sosrepairsTO Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 9:11:21 AM(UTC)

I wouldn't recommend trying to install it yourself, especially if you want to avoid voiding the warranty if you still have it. Your best bet is hiring a professional who can give you some advice or do the job for you. Feel free to PM me or visit our websites for SOS Appliance Repair or VIKING Appliance Repair, you'll be able to find some more information regarding your question there!
PFD542 Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 6:36:51 PM(UTC)

Hello,

The symptoms were that the freezer, set on the warmest setting, was too cold. The refrigerator was not cold enough. The evaporator coils were completely encased in ice. There was no continuity in the evaporator heater, so I have ordered a new one.

My question is: How do I remove the old heater and install the new one?

On the right side of the evaporator the ends of the coils are angled creating a space for the vertical portion of the heater to lie between them. On the left side the bottom coil is flat, in effect blocking the vertical channel on the left. The factory installed heater runs through the opening of this flat coil to rise vertically. I could cut the old heater to remove it, but then the question is still how do I get the new one into this spot.

It's like one of those cast iron puzzles. Is there a solution to this puzzle?

Thank you for your help.