Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 11:48:17 AM(UTC)

Hi John,

What is the complete model number of the refrigerator?

Gene.
trixkit Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013 11:37:04 AM(UTC)

Hi,

I had a self inflicted power surge during a recent storm and fried a couple of fridge components and almost caused a fire.

The main computer/microcomputer was fried, I purchased a new one and replaced it. Everything was working except the evaporator fan, so the air was not cirulating.

After replacing the microcomputer, I discovered that I also fried the evaporator motor and it was causing a short. I replaced the evaporator motor, but it is still not running, doesn't seem to be getting power when connected to the fridge components. The evaporator fan works, I tested it directly. The fridge feed to the evaporator motor is only putting out 12 volts.

Could I have damaged the microcomputer again by installing it while the defective evaporator fan motor was still causing a short? I've tested the thermistors and they are fine.

Is there a way to test the main board? I suspect it is the problem, but would like to know for certain before spending $200.

The fridge is a kenmore side by side and about 8 years old. The mainboard is part # 8201517.

Thanks for any help
John