Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 2:24:59 PM(UTC)

If you use one of the large start devices, you cannot burn out the compressor. Without me being there, rather difficult to help.
yxie881 Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 7:43:02 AM(UTC)

Thank so much for your direction. But I am still confused by these part names. If possible, may I have some visual help, such as chart, phto, or picture on how to connet wire? I am afraid of burning my compressor.

Thanks again!
Yxie881
richappy Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:33:28 AM(UTC)

Use one of the large, off white boxes, selection determined by the instructions. The run capacitor plugs in the smaller pins and the fridg power wires plug in the larger spade terminals, not polarity sensitive.
Do not use one of the descrete ptc devices as you could burn out the compressor if wired wrong.
yxie881 Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:50:07 PM(UTC)

My old part ASP1001 was burned. I called. The service rep told me Whirlpool redesigned the part. The new part is AP3885081 or 282383. After I got the part, I can't figure out how to install it. It looks not match old part. Anyone can help me? My compressor is EGY90, so I have to use 2188830 part. The instruction book is not helpful without details step by step guide.

Thank you so much!

Mark