Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
atajalo Posted: Friday, August 25, 2017 9:05:11 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Simon / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hi.

Check the bi-metal and if it's closed at freezing temperature - replace the defrost timer.

The timer Part number: 482493
Part number: 482493

The bi-metal Part number: 4387503
Part number: 4387503

Thank you. Post the results.

Simon.

Simon, I have the same problem but with a GE GSS201EMD side by side refrigerator. The bimetal test good and only have about 30 volts AC at the heater terminals. Also, the heater is open/burned.

Please help

Thanks, Gabe
jason808 Posted: Sunday, November 3, 2013 1:20:09 AM(UTC)

ttomasko, what did was the problem and how did you fix it? thanks
denman Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 3:34:03 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Replacement parts for Whirlpool ET1MTKXKQ07 TOP-MOUNT REFRIGERATOR | AppliancePartsPros.com

You may want to back up a bit in your troubleshooting.

Why are you looking at the defrost parts in the unit?
When you removed the evaporator cover to check the drain were the coils iced/frosted up to the point where the evaporator fan could not pull air through them?
If they were just lightly frosted then you probably do not have a defrost problem.

Also if you have a defrost problem the compressor will run pretty well continuously as the freezer tries to reach set point but cannot cool down efficiently because air is not being circulated through the coils.

If when you saw the dripping the compressor and fans were off then it may well have been water from the defrost cycle and you just had a frozen or partially clogged drain.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
richappy Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 3:08:49 AM(UTC)

More convenient and a better test, to just temporarily short the wires to the defrost thermostat, then check for defrost action.
Simon / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 10:10:18 AM(UTC)

Hi.

Check the bi-metal and if it's closed at freezing temperature - replace the defrost timer.

The timer Part number: 482493
Part number: 482493

The bi-metal Part number: 4387503
Part number: 4387503

Thank you. Post the results.

Simon.
ttomasko Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:13:20 PM(UTC)

Sorry I put an extra letter in model number correct Model Number should be
ET1MTKXKQ07

I also have become aware that I need to check heater voltage when bimetal thermostat is at freezing temp. It was not, when I got the readings of 22 & 27 VAC

Thanks
Tom
Simon / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 7:01:43 PM(UTC)

Hi.

Normally the voltage at the defrost heater should be 120VAC.
If you are getting 22 - 27VAC then the problem is within the defrost timer (control board) or the wire harness between them.
For more accurate part numbers and diagrams please check the model number. The one you provided doesn't come up.

Thank you.

Simon.
ttomasko Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 5:57:37 PM(UTC)

I noticed water dripping from upper top of refrigerator section dripping onto top refrigerator shelf.

The freezer pan(bottom section of freezer and drain tube is freezing up.

Upon defrosting refrigerator:

Drain tube was/is clear

Freezer heater element measures 33 Ohms

Heater voltage (with heater disconnected) reads 22VAC when defrost timer shuts off compressor

Heater Voltage(with heater disconnected) reads 27VAC when defrost timer allows compressor to run

What to do next????