Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ShawnDc Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2011 7:44:04 PM(UTC)

I visually inspected the freezer coils while manually engaging the defrost using the door switch. They seem to defrost correctly. Does this indicate a bad ADC?

Shawn
ShawnDc Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2011 7:17:55 PM(UTC)

Freezer coils on my Frigidaire side-by-side were covered with ice build-up and the refrigerator was not cooling, so I replaced the ADC. The problem is still the same, so I'm not sure if a received a bad control, or if the problem lies elsewhere. I can manually trigger the defrost cycle by pressing the door switch 5 times, and I hear the fan stop, but I'm not sure much else happens. Should I hear the ice melting if the defrost is working correctly? Or should I manually start the defrost while I have the freezer panel removed to see if the coils melt the ice? The refrigerator works great for a few days after I remove the panel and melt the coils by hand, but that is getting old quickly.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Shawn