Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 7:36:24 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: shaneb Go to Quoted Post
...Could the new valve have shorted out the ice maker?

No, I don't think so.

Quote:
...I switched the wires on the secondary water valve as suggested in another post and the ice maker fills with water when the door switch is pressed...

It means the water valve is fine.

Also if you order the ice maker from Appliance Parts Pros, there is nothing to lose. If it would not solve the problem, you can return it because of their very friendly return policy.

Gene.
shaneb Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 5:34:13 PM(UTC)

Normally I would agree except that it was working fine until I replaced the primary valve only because it was leaking water. Seems it must be related. Could the new valve have shorted out the ice maker?
Gene Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 3:06:17 PM(UTC)

Shane,

Sounds like the ice maker has gone bad.

- The ice maker Part number: AP4135008
Part number: AP4135008

Gene.
shaneb Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 2:56:30 PM(UTC)

Gene,

When I short "T" and "H" nothing happens. The motor doesn't run.

Shane
Gene Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 1:44:44 PM(UTC)

Sorry for the delay.

Using an insulated piece of wire (14 GA), short points "T" & "H" to run the motor. Leave the jumper in for a half of a revolution and remove it. The water valve should be energized in the last half of the revolution.

Post the results.

Gene.
shaneb Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 5:01:53 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Remove the ice maker front cover and check for 120 VAC between the "L" & "N" check points. Make sure you insert the probes at least 1/2" in. Post the results.

Gene.

Okay. I checked and there is 120 VAC between the "L" and "N" check points.
Gene Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 12:34:37 PM(UTC)

Remove the ice maker front cover and check for 120 VAC between the "L" & "N" check points. Make sure you insert the probes at least 1/2" in. Post the results.

Gene.
shaneb Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 8:13:34 AM(UTC)

The primary water valve on my Kenmore side-by-side developed an crack in the plastic and started leaking water. I replaced it with a new valve and now the ice maker will not fill with water. The door water dispenser works fine. I switched the wires on the secondary water valve as suggested in another post and the ice maker fills with water when the door switch is pressed. Do I have a defective new primary valve or might there be another issue? Thanks.