Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 2:00:15 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: waltert Go to Quoted Post
... I will go over next chance I get and blow through the hose...

Post the result. Make sure there is proper water supply.

Gene.
waltert Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 1:48:03 PM(UTC)

I checked the water valve by hooking it up to a water supply over my laundry tub and hooking a water hose too it. Then I put 120 volts on it. (from a cord plugged into the wall). It opened just fine and water squirted out the entire time the current was on.

I replaced the whole water hose up the back of the fridge. I should have blown through it to make sure the fitting into the freezer was clear. the fridge is at a friends house. I will go over next chance I get and blow through the hose.

Also, before I took the valve off, I unplugged the harness and put a volt meter on the two leads to the valve. When the maker cycled, I got ruffly 120 volts to the valve.
Gene Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 12:07:22 PM(UTC)

Check the water feeding tube into the ice maker for any blockage. How did you check the water valve?

The model number you posted does not come up. Verify and repost it, please.

Gene.
waltert Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 12:04:12 PM(UTC)

Ice Maker not working in a Frigidaire freezer fridge combo. It is not filling with water. I checked voltage to valve, it appears oK. Maybe line is frozen. What is the easiest way to check that? I checked valve and it seems ok. The make itself seems to be cycling OK.