Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Joe / APP Team Posted: Friday, December 31, 2010 3:44:19 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: mjthungate Go to Quoted Post
Do you have the part number for the fill valve and the best place to order? The one I got was the wrong one. And that appears to be my issue. Thought I had the right one but once I tore into it a bit more the removal instructions and installation instructions aren't right.

Once again, Thank you so much for the assistance! I have learned more in the last few days via this forum about how the Freezer and ice maker work than I ever thought I would need to know!

Happy New year!

MJT,

We'd be glad to supply you with a part number,

However, we need a proper Model number, from the production tag inside the refrigerator compartment

Noone, has gotten us one, as of yet.

Of course, the best place to get a part is right here,

Appliance Parts search by model or part number | AppliancePartsPros.com

We've got some of the best prices available, in the industry.

:) :) :)

Happy New Year
mjthungate Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 6:43:11 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
MJT,

Great job,

You'll be good foe a while with everything you've done, will do.

It was a pleasure to help you.

Drop us a line if you need more help.

Happy New Year,

Do you have the part number for the fill valve and the best place to order? The one I got was the wrong one. And that appears to be my issue. Thought I had the right one but once I tore into it a bit more the removal instructions and installation instructions aren't right.

Once again, Thank you so much for the assistance! I have learned more in the last few days via this forum about how the Freezer and ice maker work than I ever thought I would need to know!

Happy New year!
Joe / APP Team Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 10:03:33 AM(UTC)

I have done all of the suggestions you have posted. I think I had the fill tube to far back in the trough. Other than that I am waiting on an order that has a fill valve and new filters. Seems to be working fine as of right now!

Thanks a TON!

MJT,

Great job,

You'll be good foe a while with everything you've done, will do.

It was a pleasure to help you.

Drop us a line if you need more help.

Happy New Year,
mjthungate Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 9:39:12 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
MJT,

As for the length of the fill tube, it only needs to protrude into the fill trough 3/8 to 1/2 inch.

Did you do the other checks and repairs that were reccomended to Javan, filter, water supply lines, tubing , etc.

Most frozen fill tubes are due to a seaping fill valve,or low water pressure.

Good Luck,

:cool: :cool: :cool:

I have done all of the suggestions you have posted. I think I had the fill tube to far back in the trough. Other than that I am waiting on an order that has a fill valve and new filters. Seems to be working fine as of right now!

Thanks a TON!
Joe / APP Team Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 7:53:31 AM(UTC)

I too am having the same issue (Frigidare M1 Ice Maker in a side by side unit from 2000).... Water backing up in the inlet. I have had water back up into the freezer causing other issues. My question is, once the line comes from the valve at the bottom of the fridge, the line runs to the top of the freezer and goes into the inlet. That inlet then goes into the trough. The inlet is adjustable, so how far into the trough should the inlet go? I have adjusted it so that it was short and got 5 or 6 batches of ice and then it would glog and send water everywhere to eventually freeze up by the main fan unit 1/2 way down the freezer side. I have pretty much taken the entire freezer side apart and put it back together. When putting it back together I made sure that the entire unit was back in place to level everything that I could.

I have checked the ice maker itself to insure it is OK and found other posts to make the ice maker go through a cycle. I have plenty of water and everythign seems to be fine. So I am down to the length of the inlet or possibly the fill valve has gone bad and is sending to much wather...But at the same time the ice cubes (when everything was working) are the normal size. So I am once again back to the inlet tube length...to much water to fast into the trough? Should I increase the length?

Thanks!

MJT,

As for the length of the fill tube, it only needs to protrude into the fill trough 3/8 to 1/2 inch.

Did you do the other checks and repairs that were reccomended to Javan, filter, water supply lines, tubing , etc.

Most frozen fill tubes are due to a seaping fill valve,or low water pressure.

Good Luck,

mjthungate Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 9:44:20 PM(UTC)

I too am having the same issue (Frigidare M1 Ice Maker in a side by side unit from 2000).... Water backing up in the inlet. I have had water back up into the freezer causing other issues. My question is, once the line comes from the valve at the bottom of the fridge, the line runs to the top of the freezer and goes into the inlet. That inlet then goes into the trough. The inlet is adjustable, so how far into the trough should the inlet go? I have adjusted it so that it was short and got 5 or 6 batches of ice and then it would glog and send water everywhere to eventually freeze up by the main fan unit 1/2 way down the freezer side. I have pretty much taken the entire freezer side apart and put it back together. When putting it back together I made sure that the entire unit was back in place to level everything that I could.

I have checked the ice maker itself to insure it is OK and found other posts to make the ice maker go through a cycle. I have plenty of water and everythign seems to be fine. So I am down to the length of the inlet or possibly the fill valve has gone bad and is sending to much wather...But at the same time the ice cubes (when everything was working) are the normal size. So I am once again back to the inlet tube length...to much water to fast into the trough? Should I increase the length?

Thanks!
Joe / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 7:36:10 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Javan Go to Quoted Post
I hit the fridge with more hot air yesterday, then turned the ice-maker back on. I waited a few hours to see what was going on. I made about 3 batches of ice and once again, the inlet tube (this is a more of a trough, than a tube) and it froze up. I was still making ice, hour by hour, but the trough just got more and more clogged with ice, until I turned it off yet again. Now I am wonder...
-Freezer too cold? (currently set at factory default, which is where it has been).
-ice adjustment screw out of adjustment? (this is the screw on the face plate of the IM).

Javan,

The ice adjustment screw is not going to solve the problem. That control is basically for the size of the cubes.

We need to do a few things,

1) Replace the fill valve.( I can only think, that you have a weeping fill
valve).

2) Get a thermometer,Part number: AP3440446
Part number: AP3440446

Insert the thermometer into a liquid filled container in the fresh food
compartment(in your case) you want a product temp of 38 to 40
degrees.
Insert the thermometer into a frozen bag of vegetables or keg of ice
cream in the freezer compartment. You want a product temp of 3 to 5 degrees.
(normally you want a product temp of 0 and 38 degrees, but you being
on the road, you want a warmer temp to keep from freezing things, due
to fewer door openings).

3) Check and make sure there are no air leaks at the top of the freezer
door seal, and check the dispenser flapper for a good seal when the
chute door is closed.(use a flashlight and shine up from the dispenser
and see if you have any light around the seal on the chute door.

That pretty much covers everything I can think of, for your fill tube continuing to ice up and clog.

Good Luck,
Javan Posted: Monday, August 30, 2010 2:27:05 PM(UTC)

I hit the fridge with more hot air yesterday, then turned the ice-maker back on. I waited a few hours to see what was going on. I made about 3 batches of ice and once again, the inlet tube (this is a more of a trough, than a tube) and it froze up. I was still making ice, hour by hour, but the trough just got more and more clogged with ice, until I turned it off yet again. Now I am wonder...
-Freezer too cold? (currently set at factory default, which is where it has been).
-ice adjustment screw out of adjustment? (this is the screw on the face plate of the IM).
Joe / APP Team Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 5:16:52 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Javan Go to Quoted Post
So, today I replaced the old saddle valve, with an existing 1/2" gate valve (already installed, just attached the 1/4" tubing and ran to the fridge).

Have tons of water to the fridge, but still no ice. It may be that I am still frozen up at the inlet to the fridge (top of the fridge, bulkhead fitting). I hit it with the hairdryer for about 5 minutes, but still nothing. Back on the road tomorrow, so I will have to table this for awhile.

Javan,

I don't think a few minutes was enough to completely melt down the ice,

We know the valve,filter and icemaker are OK from the prevous posts.

Just make sure your freezer temp is not below 0 degrees(preferably 3 to5 degrees, since you're on the road so often), and you should be fine.
Javan Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2010 11:27:01 AM(UTC)

So, today I replaced the old saddle valve, with an existing 1/2" gate valve (already installed, just attached the 1/4" tubing and ran to the fridge).

Have tons of water to the fridge, but still no ice. It may be that I am still frozen up at the inlet to the fridge (top of the fridge, bulkhead fitting). I hit it with the hairdryer for about 5 minutes, but still nothing. Back on the road tomorrow, so I will have to table this for awhile.