Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Ricky-D Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 2:41:23 PM(UTC)

This will be my last post.

Been several days now and everything is great. The ice maker is back to where I remember it use to be years ago.

Hard to believe the thermostat has been steadily failing for that length of time.

Thanks again Gene.
Gene Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2009 3:04:52 PM(UTC)

I'm glad to hear it. Thank you for the feedback and good luck with your refrigerator.

Gene.
Ricky-D Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2009 1:53:59 PM(UTC)

Just want to report that the thermostat and timer came yesterday and I changed out the thermostat as you suggested, this morning.

I let the refrigerator normalize (get to temp and compressor shut off) put the icemaker operating arm down and it has made a couple of cycles of ice now, with no ill effects.

Hopefully that's it. I appreciate your help gene.

Thanks, Ricky-D :D
Gene Posted: Friday, August 14, 2009 12:11:20 PM(UTC)

Hi Ricky-D,

Forget about the ice maker. There are two failure suspects: the defrost timer or the thermostat. It's very hard to say exactly which part is bad in such situation. I would order both of them (to save on shipping) and replace the thermostat first.

- The thermostat Part number: AP3037004
Part number: AP3037004

- The defrost timer Part number: AP3110896
Part number: AP3110896

Gene.
Ricky-D Posted: Friday, August 14, 2009 11:05:23 AM(UTC)

Hi Gene, Today Friday, the refrigerator messed up again. This time without touching anything, controls nor the icemaker.

I looked inside the freezer section hoping to find something warm like maybe the defrost heater but I really don't know where to look. The surfaces in the back and the cover did not feel any warmth to the touch.

Nothing is running. There are no motors, compressor or anything else running as far as I can tell.

It has been in this state for at least three hours now. the freezer is losing cold and is now above 40 degrees.

I'm going to mess with the thermostat, turning it back and forth to see if something happens.

Can you suggest anything I should do?

Thanks Gene, Ricky-D

Now about ten minutes later.

Before I even had time to mess with the knob when I closed the freezer door I must have jarred something because the refrigerator started up on it's own.

What on earth i going on? I am completely baffled Gene.

Thanks, Ricky-D
Gene Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 2:38:43 PM(UTC)

Thank you for the tech sheet. I reviewed it. Unfortunately it does not help much in such situation.

Gene.
Ricky-D Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 12:32:06 PM(UTC)

Ok. That's good with me, I have no problem doing what you suggest.
I feel positive under your direction this problem will be licked.

I hope there are things I can do to further the process and to help that idea along I have scanned that information sheet (mentioned in post 5) and have sent to you. They are in pdf format.

Thanks Gene, Ricky-D
Gene Posted: Monday, August 10, 2009 10:48:30 PM(UTC)

Hi Ricky-D,

It's still not clear to me what is wrong and I would not rush with the part. Watch the refrigerator for a few more days.

Gene.
Ricky-D Posted: Monday, August 10, 2009 6:09:34 PM(UTC)

Hi Gene, I came across the sheet that came with the refrigerator.

I wonder if you have the same sheet. There's only a number:

Service and Wiring sheet 2186936

I am not against ordering the ice maker you noted. I am just hoping that if the problem is caused by something other than the ice maker you will find it by us corresponding. I do not feel in a panic yet about fixing it since the refrigerator is working Ok as long as I don't move the operating arm down.

Regards Ricky-D
Ricky-D Posted: Sunday, August 9, 2009 6:38:27 AM(UTC)

It's Sunday morning now and I want to report that there has been no adverse action from the refrigerator for 24 hours since leaving the operating arm up and the icemaker off.

The refrigerator seems to be cycling properly. I guess this would mean the thermostat is working ok.

There is a gnawing feeling I have about what happened Friday night. It is this. To me, it seemed like the speed to which the freezer thawed was very fast and not what I would expect just sitting there naturally without power.

I am thinking the icemaker is more involved with the whole operation of the refrigerator than I considered.

Could it be that the moving of the operating arm somehow kicked the freezer into some kind of defrost mode? That to me, seems to be an explanation for the speed to which it warmed up Friday night.

I don't want to burden you with any more Gene, so I'll end here and anxiously await to hear from you. Hope your weekend is going well. Ricky-D