Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Anchoragebob Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2020 3:44:10 PM(UTC)

3 year old 30” professional all gas stand alone range with a history of burning out igniters. Out of the blue, the oven has started filling with gas and then when the door is opened, it belches a big ball of flame out the front. Wtf.

My guess is after the oven heats to temperature, the burner shuts down and CO collects in the burner space, displacing any oxygen. After the oven cools the burner goes to relight but there’s no O2. Gas continues to flow and the kitchen begins to smell like gas. When the oven door is opened, oxygen gets introduced and the accumulated gas ignites.

To me it sounds like a ventilation issue but our front(fresh air intake?) vents appear clear. Obviously this is a serious safety concern. Monogram is all “call a technician, but we see you have no certified Monogram people in Alaska. Good luck and don’t use your oven till this is fixed”. Looks like I’m on my own. Help?