Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Simon / APP Team Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 9:41:44 AM(UTC)

Hi, Adfoster.

In your case it sounds like your need a new ignitor. Please provide the complete model number so we can get you the part.

Thank you,

Simon.
Simon / APP Team Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 9:39:31 AM(UTC)

Hi, Nick.

You may have what we call a delayed ignition. You need to open the broiler door (at the bottom) and watch the bake burner igniting. Be careful, don't put your face really close, you don't have to. With the new ignitor the burner should ignite in 10 sec or less after the ignitor starts glowing "white". Very little gas smell is possible, but it burns right away. If the burner takes longer to ignite, the gas may escape to the point that you can smell it. It could cause an explosion. Check the pilot holes in the burner and especially ones that are next to the ignitor. Clean them with a safety pin. If you are still not sure why it smells gas, call The Gas company and stop using the oven.

Thank you,

Simon.
adfoster515 Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 5:55:33 AM(UTC)

when i turned my gas stove on preheat it took a long time to get to the desired temp and then i smelled gas,but eventually it got to the temp but im concerned about the gas smell
Nick Amrhein Posted: Monday, August 3, 2015 9:45:27 PM(UTC)

I recently replaced the ignitor on this stove and it solved my immediate problem, but ever since I did it, I get a strong gas smell right at the beginning of the oven preheat. It goes away once the oven heats up – any ideas what's causing this?