Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
magician59 Posted: Saturday, August 1, 2009 6:56:21 AM(UTC)

You didn't post your model number. Some newer models have a thermistor located on the blower housing, just to the right of the thermal fuse. You cna check it for its resistance, according to the information given in the tech sheet. the trch sheet is usually placed in the console.The components in the heat circuit, then, are timer,thermal fuse, thermistor (when present), cycling thermostat, High limit thermostat, and heating element. All these components are wired in series.
bkeiger Posted: Friday, July 31, 2009 4:45:09 PM(UTC)

See #5 in original e-mail . . . the element had good continuity. Any other ideas? Thanks for your reply. I'm really puzzled, but then I'm no expert. :-)
magician59 Posted: Friday, July 31, 2009 1:26:03 PM(UTC)

Did you check the element for continuity?
bkeiger Posted: Friday, July 31, 2009 12:27:48 PM(UTC)

My electric dryer is not heating up, and thus the clothes never dry. I have done the following thus far:

1) Checked filter and vent - clear
2) Checked power at power supply - read 240V
3) Checked continuity at the cycle and safety thermostats - good continuity
4) Checked continuity at thermal fuse - good continuity
5) Checked continuity at heating element - good continuity
6) Checked for a grounded element - no continuity between the element ends and the element cage (no needle movement)

What else could be the problem?