Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
pattylyn44 Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2009 6:17:49 AM(UTC)

not sure if it is a top. About every thirty seconds you can hear a noise that sounds like one click. We put a new spark module in and it stoped for two days now it is back. We put a new control panel in and the lower part of oven is the only think that won't work. The broil and the self clean both come on but in self clean the lower part won't come on. The range doesn't give me any kind of code so I can look up that problem.
kayakcrzy Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2009 5:46:19 AM(UTC)

yes i do. it is a common problem. by the lighters, i quess you are talking about the top burner ignitor? tom
pattylyn44 Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2009 5:38:07 AM(UTC)

The broiler does light and come on. Now it sounds like one of the lighters is trying to light with nothing turned on. I'll get with ge again to see if they have found the diagram yet. Do you think that maybe the ignitor for the the oven has gone bad?
kayakcrzy Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2009 5:19:13 AM(UTC)

GE is worthless!!!!!!!!!! Let me ask you this. You have a bake ignitor and a broiler ignitor. Check and see if either one comes on. If either one does not work, then it will be a control issue. It is a double gas valve, so it is highly unlikely that both sides of the valve are bad. Report back to me, if the either ignitor comes on, because it could just be an ignitor, or in the process of you replacing the control board, something could not be right there. Tom www.aplianceeducator.com
Dan O. Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2009 2:53:41 AM(UTC)

Quote:
Do you know where I can find [a wiring diagram].

Probably only from GE... if the one that should have been in or on the appliance when it left the factory is missing.

Quote:
I have contacted GE over a week ago and they still haven't emailed me one.

Some things take time with GE although you might want to check with them again to make sure they can even provide a replacement. They are not always available. :eek:

JMO

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
pattylyn44 Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2009 12:02:56 PM(UTC)

First my range had the electronic sparks would spark with everything turned off. So we replaced the spark modulator. Then the control board wouldn't come on so we replaced it. Now my oven won't come on. I have been trying to fine a wiring diagram for it so we can make sure we have the wires in the right place. Do you know where I can find one. I have contacted GE over a week ago and they still haven't emailed me one.