Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ThatGuy Posted: Friday, June 18, 2021 11:50:59 AM(UTC)

The bake igniter should have 120 volts AC to it. It should glow very bright, almost yellow, and when it gets hot enough, it transfers amperage to the gas valve (3.2 amps) and the gas valve opens, then the burner lights.

If the igniter is glowing and allowing around 3.2 amps through it to the safety gas valve, it should be lighting. You may have a stuck gas valve or it could be bad. Try gently tapping on the gas valve body with a screw driver handle. Just be careful, if it does light, you don't want any part of your body near the burner flame or flame spreader.
Jackemc3 Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2021 8:25:03 PM(UTC)

The burners and broiler light, but the bake burner wouldn't. I checked for continuity on the ignitor and found it was open, so I bought a new one and installed today. Still didn't work.

I went back and checked my diag. Temp probe 1019 ohmsand changed when out water applied, so should be good. Check dualgas/sadety valve and had good 3 ohms so that was good. Checked voltage coming into new ignitor 3.6,good.checked reaistance on new ignator was 6 so it's

From everything I see it should be turning on. Am I missing something? Or did inget a defective part?