Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
woodman46 Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 12:53:00 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post

Yes, you were definitely able to help. I also learned that the small screw decreases temp when turned right and increases temp when turned left--same direction as the oven dial increases or decreases temp.
denman Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 9:33:42 AM(UTC)

THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
woodman46 Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 9:18:58 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Perhaps the following will help
http://www.applianceaid.com/ele...ics.php#standard-control

take a look at "How to change a standard controlled oven temp:"

Thanks much! Your're a lifesaver. I don't have the adjustable template on the back of the oven knob but I do have the hollow shaft with small screw at the bottom--size of screw on eye glasses. Turned left about 50 degrees. Will see what this brings in terms of temp reduction. I assume this is trial and error?
denman Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 5:51:48 AM(UTC)

Perhaps the following will help
http://www.applianceaid.com/ele...ics.php#standard-control

take a look at "How to change a standard controlled oven temp:"
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
woodman46 Posted: Tuesday, September 9, 2014 10:50:18 AM(UTC)

No model number. Unfortunately the previous owner scrubbed off the model number from the ID plate. This is a "plain vanilla" Magic Chef Gas Range, about 15 years old. Electronic ignition meaning glow wire for oven, spark igniters for burners. No electronic clock controls--only analog clock with timer.

The oven overheats by 50 degrees. Is there some way to adjust the oven temp? Or is the only solution to buy new oven control with new oven temp sensor?