Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
awanabug Posted: Wednesday, January 9, 2008 10:37:03 AM(UTC)

I read and understood that, however, originally, the oven would cycle the broil element on & off during both baking and the pre-heat. It does not do that now, and my wife claims that because of that, the tops of whatever is baking do not properly brown. I do not know... Maybe she's wrong.

Maybe I am reading it wrong, but I just looked at the schematic and it appears as though during bake, the broil circuit is also involved. Also, in the circuit analysis matrix, it seems to show both bake and broil elements involved for bake function, and speed bake function. Broil function shows only the broil element is involved. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Gene Posted: Wednesday, January 9, 2008 10:18:39 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post

As I said previously, the BROIL heating element IS NOT involved in the regular heating when the oven in the BAKE mode.

Gene.

Best regards.
Gene.
awanabug Posted: Wednesday, January 9, 2008 7:20:11 AM(UTC)

I am back after holidays and retirement last week. I adjusted the oven temp. and it now is 350 on bake when set at 350. Therefore it seems the sensor is ok.

The upper element still does not glow on preheat as stated before. It does glow on broil. Therefore it seems the element is ok.

Since I tried replacing the control pad a month ago and it did not repair the problem. it seems that the relay might be the problem... Not sure what can go wrong with a relay made up of coils, springs & contacts.

What is your recommendation at this point?

Thanks!

Anyway, sorry it took so long, but things have been a bit out of normal lately.
Gene Posted: Monday, December 3, 2007 2:19:28 PM(UTC)

The 25 degrees difference could be adjusted.

You can find the complete instructions how to adjust the oven temperature on the page 21 in the "Use and care" manual.

I would recommend to make the first adjustment for no more then 15 degrees.

As I said previously, the BROIL heating element IS NOT involved in the regular heating when the oven in the BAKE mode.

Gene.
awanabug Posted: Monday, December 3, 2007 1:39:45 PM(UTC)

I finally got out & bought a thermometer this afternoon and tested the oven at 350. The thermometer was located in the middle of the oven and registered 375. It stayed constant. My wife has always said she thought it was about 25 degrees too hot.

I watched during the preheat and the upper element did not glow like it used to. It works fine on broil but does not glow on preheat or cycle on & off during bake.
Gene Posted: Monday, November 26, 2007 10:34:14 AM(UTC)

Keep me updated, please.

Gene.
awanabug Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2007 4:34:58 PM(UTC)

Well, the Thanksgiving time crunch overtook my plans. Daughter & family arrived, spent the weekend, now I must go on travel starting very early Monday & return Friday, so it will not be before Saturday, at best (even if I get time then...) before I can get a thermometer and test the temp.
awanabug Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 6:36:53 PM(UTC)

Thanks. I will see what I can do tomorrow.
Gene Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 5:45:03 PM(UTC)

1. Before any decision made I need to know what is the difference between the set temperature and the real temperature. In most cases it could be calibrated.

2. The resistance across the oven sensor wires suppose to be about 1100 Ohms at the room temperature. If your result is "...about 1K Ohms" then the sensor could cause the problem.

3. The Broil heating element is not involved in the regular heating when the oven is in Bake mode.

Gene.
awanabug Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 5:34:15 PM(UTC)

I understand what you are saying. What I mean is I would need to go out & buy a thermometer and then run the test. Since I already know it is not hot enough, and I already know the top element does not cycle on and off, (on either bake or preheat) and I already know the top element works ok on broil, and I already know the bottom element works as it always has, and I already know the sensor checks out ok according to the test requirements, it seems like checking the temperature is not going to get me any info that I don't already have.

Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to use all of the info I already have and find out what else I might check and how to check it.