Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Monday, September 8, 2008 6:48:52 PM(UTC)

We're glad you were able to fix it.

Gene.
dfester Posted: Monday, September 8, 2008 4:33:03 PM(UTC)

Well, I didn't get a current measurement, but I did replace one of the igniters... stove works now... must have been 2 bad igniters.

Thanks for the help.
dfester Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2008 5:33:15 PM(UTC)

Well, the broiler is never really used, it could have been out of the last 2 years and we might not have known. We only noticed when the oven ignitor went. Let me see about a meter to check the current. I will post my findings.
Gene Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2008 5:28:48 PM(UTC)

It's hard to believe both igniters gone bad at the same time. In order to test them you have to have a clamp-on meter to measure the current drawn by the igniter(s). You also can buy just one igniter (they are identical) first to see if it would work.

Gene.
dfester Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2008 5:04:11 PM(UTC)

Tried tapping on the regulator and the gas valve with the ignitor(s) hot. Still nothing.
Gene Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2008 4:50:34 PM(UTC)

Try to tap on the gas valve while the igniter is red hot. Post the result.

Gene.
dfester Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2008 4:43:41 PM(UTC)

I verified the switch on the pressure regulator was in the on position. I turned it off and back on again, no change. It looks like the broil and bake come off the gas valve, and the burners come directly from the pressure regulator.

Thanks again for the help
Gene Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2008 2:20:32 PM(UTC)

Locate a little rocker switch on the gas pressure regulator (#40 on the break down diagram) and make sure it is in "on" position. If it is in "off" position then there is no gas to both oven burners.

Here are the break down diagrams for the Amana range Model ACF3325AB

Gene.
dfester Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2008 4:48:44 PM(UTC)

Both ignitors glow hot, but no gas flow, no bake, broil, or clean. No error codes. Burners work fine. Reading through as many posts as I can, general advice would be to replace the ignitors. Is it likely that both of them are weak? Just thought I best ask before I start part swapping. And it looks like there is only one gas valve, so that is not likely to be a problem if the burners work, yes?

Thanks.