Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
bkesting Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2008 8:50:20 AM(UTC)

I just bought a Whirlpool RF265LXTB range from a big-box store. The model we bought was the floor model and when we brought it home we turned it on to see how it would work. It is a smoothtop. We turned the oven on at 350 degrees and let it preheat. After it preheated, about 10 to 15 minutes into cooking time, the front edge of the cooktop (right above the door handle) got really, really hot....hot enough that you can't keep your finger on it for more than a second or two. We thought maybe since we bought the floor model, it had some sort of defect. So we returned it, went to a different store and bought the same model that was new and in the box yet. Brought it home and it does the same thing.

Is this a normal thing with Whirlpool ranges? I am thinking I will return this unit too and try a different brand.