Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 3:39:29 PM(UTC)

Sean,

Remove the bottom drawer, unplug the igniter wires and check the igniter for continuity. Check for 120VAC to the igniter while the control calls for Bake.

If the igniter is open or there is 120VAC to the igniter then the igniter is bad.

- The part number for the igniter is AP2014008

Gene.
mercedes Posted: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 2:07:50 PM(UTC)

model number JGBP28BEA1WH Serial number HT213335P

Poss bad lower ignitor?

Thanks, Sean
Gene Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2008 10:42:26 PM(UTC)

Hi Sean,

In order to provide most accurate advise we need the complete model number of the range. You can find it behind the bottom drawer.

Gene.
mercedes Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2008 5:00:27 PM(UTC)

I have just purchased new house with no information on this range. The top burneres work fine, the oven stoped operating at any temperature but broil. The ignitior glows bright on broil only, as soon as you turn it to a spec temp, the flame goes out and the glow dies down. Is this a bad board, not sending voltage to ignitor , only sending voltage on the broil position?

thanks
sean
Gene Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 5:20:35 PM(UTC)

Every CW orifice turn will decrease amount of gas, coming out of the orifice.

Gene.
billwright45 Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2008 6:53:18 PM(UTC)

jgbs15ger1ad is the model number , how do you adjust the orifice
Gene Posted: Friday, September 26, 2008 11:46:29 AM(UTC)

You probably have to adjust the orifice. In order to provide most accurate advise we need the complete model number of the oven.

Gene.
billwright45 Posted: Friday, September 26, 2008 5:18:00 AM(UTC)

i replaced my gas valve because withe the oven control off. the flame took a long time to go off and their was a gas smell. now when i turn on the oven to just warm. the flame is way to big .covering all of the bottom of the oven , is their a way to adjust it or is something else wrong with another part i didnt change anything else , just replaced th valve with a new one. it did fix the gas smell though
Gene Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2008 12:59:01 PM(UTC)

You can adjust your oven temperature, using the oven knob. The knob just pulls out and it has the two screws on the other side.

Unfortunately you can adjust the temperature this way only within 30° range. In your case looks like the oven thermostat is gone bad.

- The part number for the oven thermostat is AP2623073

Gene.
bmw1978 Posted: Friday, August 29, 2008 6:02:04 PM(UTC)

Hi Gene, sorry forgot the number. It is: JGB523BEA1WH I am beginning to think maybe this is problem model. What my Dad referred to as a lemon. UserPostedImage