Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
smainali Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2011 1:39:00 PM(UTC)

Hi,

I have a similar issue. I have an Electric Range Maytag Gemini Glasstop (Model: MER6765BAW) and the front right element is not working - one day, it went very orange (i.e. lots of heat) and then went dead, so it seems it burned out. I could not find any helpful repair/service instructions from the Maytag site's manuals (I did find the owner's manual and repair parts list). Does anyone have recommended steps on how to solve this issue? I'm not sure if I should just be replacing the front right element (part W10204680) or if I should be checking some things first to figure if that is definitely the thing that needs to be replaced.

Thanks.
Gene Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 5:42:46 PM(UTC)

You are welcome. I'm glad you were able to fix it.

Thank you for the feed back.

Gene.
headmotty Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 5:35:02 PM(UTC)

The part arrived today - fast! Installed it and seems to be working fine.

Thanks again!
Gene Posted: Tuesday, November 9, 2010 12:41:09 PM(UTC)

You are welcome. Keep us posted.

Gene.
headmotty Posted: Monday, November 8, 2010 5:32:47 PM(UTC)

Gene,

I can't thank you enough for helping me out with this. I've ordered the replacement surface element and everything should be back to normal in a few more days!
Gene Posted: Monday, November 8, 2010 4:21:33 PM(UTC)

More likely there is nothing wrong with the switch.

Gene.
headmotty Posted: Saturday, November 6, 2010 7:18:22 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the instructions.

When I got to the element, it was easy to see that the heating wire had burned through at one point, so the element does need to be replaced.

I went ahead and tested the infinite switch while I was at it. From L1 to H1 and from L2 to H2 should show continuity, right? My reading for both was 0.1~0.2, so am I correct that my infinite switch is OK?
Gene Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 3:04:09 PM(UTC)

Sorry for the delay.

In order to access the heating element you have to remove the smoothtop.

1. Open the oven door and remove the screws securing the smoothtop to the frame.
2. Raise the smoothtop slightly and move slightly forward.
3. With the smoothtop moved slightly forward, label and disconnect the wire harness.
4. Remove the smoothtop in a protected area with underside up.
5. Remove the screws securing the questionable element to the assembly.

Measure the resistance across the coil terminals. Normally it suppose to be about 45 to 49 Ohms. If the reading is incorrect, replace the element.

In order to access the infinite switch:

1. Remove the screws securing the control panel rear housing.
2. Label and disconnect the wires from the switch in question.

Turn the switch ON and check for continuity across the terminals L1 & H1 and L2 & H2. If there is continuity in any of the pair, replace the infinite switch.

- The surface element Part number: AP4008687
Part number: AP4008687

- The infinite switch Part number: AP4101865
Part number: AP4101865

Gene.
headmotty Posted: Tuesday, November 2, 2010 7:02:34 PM(UTC)

OK, I finally have some time, and do have an ohmmeter. Could you please let me know where I should start? Thank you.
headmotty Posted: Friday, October 15, 2010 8:14:15 PM(UTC)

Thanks very much, Gene. I am probably going to be away all weekend, but will pick this up again next week. Have a good weekend.