Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
KJCecere Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2008 2:15:41 PM(UTC)

We are finalizing taking over an apartment to find that the cooktop also has a large chipped piece out. Is there any danger in using it in this condition? The landlord stated that it is perfectly fine to use it with the chip missing however I am concerned.

Thanks very much.
Admin / APP Team Posted: Monday, August 27, 2007 8:09:36 AM(UTC)

Sorry, I don't think you'd be able to find the almond one anywhere at this point.
panfried Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2007 4:05:07 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Admin / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Replacement of this top doesn't seem to be complicated or difficult at all, just like with most glass tops (see attached diagram). The problem is this almond top has been discontinued by GE and I'm pretty sure you won't be able to find one. As an option, white top might still be available. We sell it for $289 (GE sells it for $362 by the way). Let me know if you're interested and I'll double check with GE.

I would be interested if you could get the almond top but I would NOT be interested in the white top. Thanks,
Admin / APP Team Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2007 5:34:02 PM(UTC)

Replacement of this top doesn't seem to be complicated or difficult at all, just like with most glass tops (see attached diagram). The problem is this almond top has been discontinued by GE and I'm pretty sure you won't be able to find one. As an option, white top might still be available. We sell it for $289 (GE sells it for $362 by the way). Let me know if you're interested and I'll double check with GE.

panfried Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2007 8:20:50 AM(UTC)

I had a pot that the water totally evaporated from on my cooktop. After the pan/stovetop cooled down, the glass cooktop chipped a big piece out!! Anyone have a ball park on replacement? This model looks like it may be difficult to replace. Should I just buy a new one?